City Angels is an initiative to promote a closer working partnership between Brighton & Hove Pride with local retailers, restaurants, hotels and other businesses.
The year-round campaign will see Pride promoting the Brighton retail and hospitality economy, whilst asking those businesses that benefit from the £20m+ that is spent over Pride weekend to engage their civic pride and get involved through the Pride City Angels programme.
Some of the Benefits members receive include:
- official City Angel merchandise to display your support and stand out from the crowd – rainbow flag and digital graphics for social media and websites
- listing on the City Angels page on Brighton Pride website and the City Angels website
- listings on advertisements and in editorials celebrating City Angels
- inclusion in social media campaign around City Angels with links to supporters pages
- increased visibility to city visitors identifying you as a City Angel
City Angels commit to uphold the Pride City Angel pledge that includes:
- keeping the front of your business area clean, tidy and litter free and encouraging customers and staff to dispose of their litter responsibly
- being vigilant to hate crime incidents and actively report incidents to police
- being fully supportive of LGBTQ initiatives and events that take place in Brighton & Hove
- being a City Angel champion and encouraging other businesses to sign up
Annual membership is £250.
100% of the profits from City Angels memberships is reinvested in to city and community. Whether it is through reducing waste in events supply chains, silent disco beach cleans, sponsoring bins, or consumer-focused campaigns to reduce littering – there is plenty for us all to do – and focusing our effort means we can bring greater benefit.